9.28.2008

Gun Street Girl

I'm still too shaky, so rather than typing out a narrative of what just happened, here's the instant message version:

JQP: so i had to call 911 about 20 minutes ago
JQP: i was sitting outside smoking and there was all of this yelling at the apartments next door... then i heard three loud pops, and this time i DID NOT think it sounded like fireworks.
friend: Why?
JQP: two more when i was on the phone with the dispatcher
friend: Holy shit
JQP: stuck my head out the door after that and it was totally silent - like everyone had scattered
JQP: then i see a car head down the hill and a few seconds later i hear 5 or 6 more pops that sounded like they were going down the hill with the car
JQP: the fire trucks left, but the cops are still there
JQP: my guess is that no one was shot, but that someone may have shot a gun to scare the people they were arguing with.
JQP: i wish i had a police scanner.
friend: Oh my God, that's terrifying. Are you alright?
JQP: yeah, just really on edge.
JQP: i've never called the cops in my life.

5 comments:

chez bez said...

Glad you're fine.

Jamie said...

The first time something like this happens close to home is rough. Glad nobody was hurt.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! Happy to hear you're ok.

jane q. public said...

Thanks to everyone... I see no news on it, so definitely no one was hurt. The cops were there for quite awhile, so there was something to what I heard.

I wish I knew what happened. After all the stupid staff changes at The Tennessean in the last year, I don't know if my mom knows anyone there anymore who might've been listening to a police scanner last night.

Kate said...

Sorry you had such a scare!