9.11.2008

I'VE HAD IT

DISCLAIMER: The language is over the top, but it stays in...  This post was written at top speed and with great anger, and it should come across in the spirit that it was written.

I read the transcript of Palin's Bush doctrine comments earlier, but watching the clip over at Tiny Cat Pants just set me off.  I ended up in my kitchen yelling because I want these people to answer Aunt B's question and say, "I'm appalled - Palin really doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about!"

But the majority won't.

The majority won't even read any blogs.  Or even read past the headline of a story.  We are a lazy ass fucking country* and most people will only take what's spoonfed to them in sound bytes, as I've said before.

I'm beyond the whole "have we not learned anything in the last eight years" rhetoric and am now in full anger mode.  I don't want to seem an elitist - God knows I've taken issue with Braisted for being dismissive and flippant about Bredesen's suggestion that Obama spend some time letting blue collar folks get to know what he's about - but what is it going to take to get people to pay attention?  No, Jim-Bob Q. Public doesn't have to spend hours poring over Google Reader, as I'm apt to do, but would it kill him to spend five fucking minutes researching the truth?

We're at the point now where McCain and Palin have been softly and quietly called out on a few of their lies, but they KEEP FUCKING REPEATING THEM.  Why?  Well, some fucking truck driver from Franklin, Kentucky, isn't going to go and read an article detailing the truth about that damned bridge...  No, he's going to hear whatever sound byte the media has to offer today about how Palin "told them 'no, thanks.'"  Or he'll hear what I listened to all morning while I, ironically, was putting my makeup on - LIPSTICK ON A GODDAMNED PIG.

What's it going to take before this country WAKES THE FUCK UP?

And, yes, I'm scared.  No, I'm not scared of Palin.  I'll meet her in a hockey rink any day, any time.  I'm scared because most of the people I see are asleep.  They never question anything.

*I realize that this opens me up to Coulter-style attacks - "liberals hate America," "blame America first," et al., but I love this country.  That's why it breaks my heart to see us fuck it up OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

9 comments:

chez bez said...

I'm with you. As I commented over at Aunt B's place, I'm all worked up after watching that. Two big things for me are the economy and abortion rights. The spin on who's better for the economy can confuse anyone, but if Palin scares the fuck out of me regarding the second issue. Not even in cases of rape or incest? And women are all gung ho for her? Whatever. I'm borderline ranting here.

Newscoma said...

Well said.

I just came in and have been dealing with people that made me scrath my hear.
Dammit, I'm pissed. Just pissed.

jane q. public said...

I was kind of wildly ranting (hence the expletives), and I still haven't calmed down a lot, but I just don't know how long people should be allowed to get by with not being more engaged.

I mean, sure, there are plenty of Republicans who will ALWAYS vote that way no matter what - hell, I'm a yellow dog Democrat so I get it - but shouldn't you at least spend a little time learning something about decisions this important?

I'm starting to hope we do get sucked into a black hole.

Anonymous said...

I followed over from Twitter. Holy shit, yes, yes, yes!!! Awesome post!

Anonymous said...

Bravo

Newscoma said...

Scratch, rather.
Garsh.... I can't spell.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are SO RIGHT. Thank you for this. (I came over via newscoma)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain ... though I think I"ve pretty much come to accept the fact that majority of people are what they are -- now I'm just mad that the media refuses to at least make sure what they spoon feed people is responsible and intelligent. But that's too much to ask for it seems.

jane q. public said...

Jon - agreed. And on most days, I accept it, too, but it just hit me last night. It was the real and very possible fear of effectively another four years of Bush.

Seriously, if it's gonna go that way, I hope the LHC sucks us all into that black hole.