7.27.2008

I always feel like somebody's watching me

P7260125_2
I went out to Mount Olivet to take pictures yesterday. I probably only spent about 15 minutes doing it, though, because it was just too fucking hot. I plan to get more in the fall when it's cooler, as well as a possible trip to Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville.

It's a beautiful cemetery, and not particularly creepy except for one thing - the old funeral home. The door was wide open (as well as numerous busted windows, but I couldn't bring myself to go in with it just being Mal and myself. In spite of the humidity and the elements, I doubt it's structurally unsound. I had more concern of running across scary squatters. However, if I could add a couple more people to my excursion, I would like to go in and find the embalming room. Morbid, I know. It gets worse. I have this ridiculous notion that I want to get one of those little head rests - the ones they use during embalming - just to have. I found one on eBay not too long ago and begged mom to bid on it for me (I know it's ridiculous, but I don't know the first thing about eBay). She ignored my request. Anyway, I kind of want to go in on the off chance that I might find one in a cabinet. So if anyone's up for a little adventure, let me know and we'll do it next weekend.

There were a couple of close-up shots I got of curtained windows in the place. Take a look at them and tell me you don't feel like you're being watched!

The full set is here.

Oh, and one more thing...

No comments: