8.27.2008

TAKE A BYTE

I thought Bill - or Billiam, as I prefer to call him - did just fine, but I wasn't enamored. Maybe it's just because my 16-year bout with Bill-itis went into a bit of remission in the primary season when he got so snippy.

In contrast, Senator Clinton's speech was phenomenal - she had the sound bytes. And let's face it, folks, sound bytes are what it boils down to in the morning. Not everyone's as engaged as I am or you are (I assume you are if you're reading this, anyway). 

(I want to be self-deprecating and say that if I'm sitting here watching this convention every night for hours, I'm a nerd. It's true and it's not. There's something to be said for trying to be informed.)

However, the simple fact is that, for any number of reasons, there are plenty of people out there who take their news and form their opinions from the sound bytes on the morning news.

Make it short, make it raw, and give it broad appeal.

No comments: