6.09.2008

I feel hopes of financial security slipping through my fingers everyday...

Aunt B paints a clear picture of what the price of gas is doing not only to my coworkers, most of whom live in Dickson, but the way it's putting the squeeze on the rest of us: Guess Who’s Back Lingering Around My Cabin Door?

I'm lucky enough to live very close to my office (a smidge too far to drive, unfortunately). I got in my car at lunchtime today to go home for some lunch, but got half way down the street and then returned to my desk. I just couldn't justify going home for lunch (yes, I realize that I should've had the foresight to pack lunch - it's just that I was randomly hungry today, whereas I normally skip lunch) with gas being $4 a gallon. That's small potatoes compared to people who are having to do without a lot more because of our economic situation/the energy crisis, but I've felt more and more of the effects of the rising cost of fuel lately AND I DON'T LIKE IT.

No comments: